Since I am turning *horror music* 25 TOMORROW, (🥲🥲) I have decided to share some things I have learned in the past two years (since I did a list of 22 things I learned at 22) (emphasis on the some because there is no way I can come up with 24 things) (I probably can, I just don’t want to)
- LET GO OF THOSE THAT BRING YOU DOWN. I ALWAYS talk about this, and I am going to keep talking about it. I have lived a lot of years (24 to be exact) keeping toxic people in my life because I was afraid of losing a friendship/family member. I would always put the years of relationship before my own emotional health and this year I have decided that I am no longer doing this. I have had plenty of “friends” and even family members that put me down because of my beliefs, what I like/don’t like, how I dress, how long/short my hair is. That diminish how I am feeling and say things like “oh everyone goes through that,” that don’t listen to anything that I have to say and only talk about themselves AND I’M JUST TIRED OF IT. so i got some scissors and cut them out of my life buh bye.
- A change of scenery is not always going to make you feel better, but it helps. I was extremely unhappy when I lived in the USA, and I thought that when I moved back home it would all just magically change, but it didn’t. I am better here, but I am not where I thought I was going to be. Moving back helped me realize that just changing where I lived wasn’t going to change everything, and that there are some things that I need to work on to get there, which is totally fine.
- ALCOHOL DOESN’T MAKE ANYTHING BETTER IN THE LONG RUN, but it sure does taste good.
- MANIFESTING IS HARD. SOMEONE PLZ HELP ME. I AM VERY IMPATIENT. I GIVE UP SO EASILY. SOMEONE MANIFEST FOR ME. I’LL PAY YOU.
- BE YOURSELF. be a fool, make fun of yourself, be immature, be mature, be selfish with your things. laugh out loud, cry out loud. DON’T EVER STOP BEING YOURSELF BECAUSE OF SOMEONE ELSE.
- DON’T BE HARD ON YOURSELF BECAUSE OF YOUR PHYSICAL APPEARANCE. our bodies change a LOT, we get old and wrinkly, (🥲🥲) our weight fluctuates, our hair changes texture and color, we grow and we shrink. We shouldn’t care so much about how we look like and worry more about who we are inside. (for example, I am a bitch) (a fabulous bitch)
“You are not your bra-size, nor are you the width of your waist, nor are you the slenderness of your calves. You are not your hair color, your skin color, nor are you a shade of lipstick. Your shoe-size is of no consequence. You are not defined by the amount of attention you get from males, females, or any combination thereof. You are not the number of sit-ups you can do, nor are you the number of calories in a day. You are not your mustache. You are not the hair on your legs. You are not a little red dress.
You are no amalgam of these things.
You are the content of your character. You are the ambitions that drive you. You are the goals that you set. You are the things that you laugh at and the words that you say. You are the thoughts you think and the things you wonder. You are beautiful and desirable not for the clique you attend, but for the spark of life within you that compels you to make your life a full and meaningful one. You are beautiful not for the shape of the vessel, but for the volume of the soul it carries.”
(*taken from tumblr* Can’t remember who wrote it, but I will try to find who did) (CREDITS TO AUTHOR)
And that is it!! I hope you enjoyed this blog post, and that you have a lovely new year!! I wont. I am getting older. (I’m kidding) (or am I?)
Talk to you soon!
my son says hi